Premenstrual syndrome is the combination of emotional, physical and psychological disturbances that occurs to the women in ovulation period or prior to menstruation cycle.
Premenstrual syndrome shows the symptoms like irritation, mood swings, headache, depression, fatigue, bloating, tenderness in breasts, food carvings, acne and abdominal pain and so. PMS symptoms show prior to 5 to 11 days of menstruation and goes with the menstruation. Though the cause of premenstrual syndrome is not particularly known but experts believe due to hormonal changes. Treatment is also not specific only can use hormonal balancing medicines to treat. But we can treat this PMS in a natural way instead of medication.
Yoga is the best cure to ease the PMS and can treat the related troubles with these two poses….
Veerasana is called traditionally as it is believe to be the posture of Lord Shiva. This asana tones all over the body parts like thighs, hips and arms also helps them in healing from pain by strengthening them. It improves the hormonal release in the body and naturally heals the body from the period pains. It increases the blood oxygen circulation to all the parts and maintains the equilibrium in metabolic activities. It also helps in toning the body muscles, chest region and improves the lung performance.
[divider]Steps to practice[divider]
- Sit in a comfortable position, make sure that use a fine mat or yoga mat. Keep your back straight and without bending it extend the legs outwards.
- Bend the left leg at the knee region. Take your toes of the foot under the left buttock and try to balance on the toes of one foot.
- Don’t put the entire body weight on one leg, and bend the right leg at the knees and place the sole of the other foot on the thigh of the left leg.
- Then first extend hands to your front and then raise them over your head. Take your arms into Namaste position and bring them down together. Place wrist on the head region.
- In initial stages balancing is somewhat difficult to you but keep on practicing makes you to have good balance of this position.
- Cures premenstrual syndrome and heals all the pains caused due to it.
- Relieves tension in body parts especially in abdominal muscles.
- Improves the strength and blood supply to all the body parts and helps to remove the fat in different regions of the body.
- Helps to maintain flexibility of spinal cord and proper balance of the body.
- Beginners need to take expert supervision prior to practice.
- People suffering from body parts injuries need to take expert opinion prior to pose.
[divider]2. Adhomukha Shvanasana[divider]
Adho Mukha Shvanasana is a very good way to experience the benefits of inversions without the potential harmful effects. Adhomukha shvanasana helps to cure the abdominal pains and premenstrual related tensions and pains. Forward bend makes the brain quiet and calm and also lengthen and soften the neck. It also lowers the high blood pressure and supports the head by cooling, calming the whole body.
[divider]steps to pose[divider]
- Take two or three blankets and fold them length wise place them underneath the chest. Now start with hands and knees and press the weight properly through the hands.
- Keep your hand straight and lift them up through the inner edges of the arms. Now straighten the legs and lift the pelvis up like posing like a dog.
- Now separate the feet wider than the hip width and lift the pelvis away from the both wrists by keeping the legs stiff and firm.
- Now press the thighs toward the backs of the legs and lengthen the calves down toward the heels. Expand the inner arms towards the shoulders and neck toward the pelvis.
- Let the neck release to back and if it is not comfortable place one more blanket and relax your head. But don’t bend the elbows to reach the blankets. If any discomfort occurs to your head lower the blankets.
- Make the pose for few minutes without feeling any strain, then come to the original position by separating and bending the knees. Then sit on the heels, and release the head to floor.
- If your neck or shoulders feel any strain or discomfort try to make them comfort by keeping or removing the height of the blankets.
- It cures all the related pains of premenstrual syndrome
- Elongates and releases tension from your spine
- Stretches your hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands
- Strengthens your arms, shoulders, and back
- Improves mobility of your digestive system
- Relieves back pain, headaches, insomnia and fatique
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Downward-Facing Dog is a mild inversion that calms the nervous system and helps relieve stress
- Beginners need to take expert advice to pose.
- People suffering with spinal injuries and knee joint problems need not pose.
- Do not pose this at the time of menstruation.[divider]
Here are the two poses that can treat Premenstrual Syndrome and treat the related troubles causing pain.