Usually sweet potatoes are bit natural and contain more sugar than white potatoes. It also contains high nutrient value and vitamins like A and B. Sweet Potato can regulate blood sugar and help in weight loss. It also contains an oxidant called Glutathione which could enhance the immunity system and simultaneously supports metabolism.
Let us look into a recipe of Sweet Potato-
Sweet- Potato- Salad-
Ingredients for the recipe of Sweet Potato Salad-
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil, sliced scallion and mint leaves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and quartered
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 spoons of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 or 2 fresh minced chilies and fresh salt & pepper
- Feta or toasted pine- Optional
Procedure for Sweet- Potato- Salad-
Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel off the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces and place them on a baking sheet. Dribble with two tbsp’s of olive oil and toss the coat to mix in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and get it roast for 30 minutes, unless it’s crisp and brown outside. Keep the roasted stuff on the pan unless you top up.
Put in the remaining oil in a blender with vinegar, pepper, cumin and orange zest. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it. Then toss the warm potatoes with scallion, chilies and mint.
Finally, for an extra flavor if you like, scatter with crumbled feta or toasted pine nuts over the salad.
Yummy Sweet Potato Salad is ready to serve or at room temperature. This Sweet potato salad is even more delicious the next day. Can say “a calorie diet” recipe.
Benefits in having Sweet Potato-
- Vitamin A is essential for vision and reproductive health.
- Protects against sun damage.
- Well known for beauty benefits like healthy glowing skin and collagen growth.
- Healthy digestion and Cancer prevention.
Risky of Sweet potato if we intake more-
- Kidney effected people should avoid eating too many sweet potatoes, since it contains oxalate forming kidney stones.
Eat healthy and Stay Healthy!!!