Following are some indian foods that will increase milk secretion in Nursing mothers.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Musk melon : As it has combination of calcium, potassium and sodium, it stimulates milk production in nursing mothers.
- Raw papaya is eaten as a curry by women to stimulate secretion of breast milk.
- Whole potatoes when baked or roasted in their skins.
- Black gram daal (Urad dal) increase production of breast milk. Dhal should generally be taken in the mornings.
- Garlic, tamarind and cotton seeds also help in increasing milk supply.
- The leaves or seeds of fennel (Kala Jeera) boiled in barley water and drunk are good for increasing the breast milk.
- Methi seeds
- Bottle Guard
- Soups and red gram also stimulate milk production.
- Dried Fish.
- Leafy Vegetables (Green Spinach in particular)
- Bitter Gourd.
- Fenugreek soaked in buttermilk.
- Garlic pods (at least 6-7) fried in Ghee and can be had after every meal.
(milk developement, increase milk, secretion, cecretion, seacretion, produce milk)