Grapefruit is rich in nutritional powerhouse Vitamin C, this helps to support the immune system. Grapefruits are low in calories and but full of nutrients. Grapefruit in hue from white or yellow to pink and red and can vary in taste too. It supports clear ad healthy skin, controls weight, digestive system and can say a best fruit for an overall healthy and varied diet. Grapefruit is the best medicine for cancer prevention.
Ingredients for Grapefruit Pie-
- One large grape fruit
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 ½ cups water
- Strawberry Gelatin
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- Whipped cream for serving
How to prepare Grapefruit Pie?
Firstly, mix in the sugar, cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over to the medium heat unless the mixture is thick and clear. Then add strawberry gelatin to the mixture and stir to dissolve. Let cool and add grapefruit sections to it.
Pour mixture into baked pie shell and let it chill until the mixture begins to set up to shape. Eventually top with whipped cream and serve.
Possible health Benefits in Grapefruit-
- Consuming grapefruits can lower your ischemic stroke risk for women.
- Grapefruit is a great medicine to prevent dehydration from one’s body.
- Since it is a fiber content fruit, grapefruit helps to prevent constipation and promotes healthy digestive tract.
Simultaneously let us look into the low downs in Grapefruit-
- While under medication, grapefruit should be avoided due to its enzyme binding ability.
- If any kidney problems, avoid too much eating grapefruit, since too much potassium can be harmful.
Overall diet is most important in disease prevention and for good health.