Trying to get pregnancy and running around the expensive medical treatments. Then what is the remedy??? The answer is simple. Yoga. Yes, Yoga is always the best option for any health issues as it not only saves lot of money but also helps to cure in a natural way. This ancient Indian technique is world famous and fruitful since ages. Doing yoga everyday enhances the body functioning and balances the mental state. Yoga helps you to relax from the stress of your hectic lifestyle.
Doing yoga eases the joints and increases the blood flow to the blocked areas in the body and doing specific poses for fertility rushes an increased blood supply to the groin area, where the reproductive parts lie.
The release of muscle tension in these areas stimulates the reproductive glands, thereby enhancing their function to conceive.
Paschimottanasana stimulates the ovaries and uterus. The forward bend stretches the muscles at the lower back, hips and hamstrings. This particular fertility yoga relives stress, depression and it will gradually improve fertility levels in you.
Method of Practice:
- Sit up with the legs stretched out straight in front of you, keeping the spine erect and toes flexed toward you. Breathing in, raise both arms above your head and stretch up.
- Breathing out, bend forward from the hip joints, chin moving toward the toes. Keep the spine erect focusing on moving forwards towards the toes, rather than down towards the knees.
- Place your hands on your legs, wherever they reach, without forcing. If you can, take hold of your toes and pull on them to help you go forward.
- Breathing in, lift your head slightly and lengthen your spine. Breathing out, gently move the navel towards the knees.
- Repeat this movement two or three times. Drop your head down and breathe deeply for 20-60 seconds. Stretch the arms out in front of you.
- Breathing in, with the strength of your arms, comes back up to the sitting position. Breathe out and lower the arms.
- To come out of the seated forward bend, inhale and stretch your hands past your feet, come up with a flat back stretching your arms and spine up as your body comes up. Exhale and relax the arms down.
- Stretches lower back, hamstrings and hips.
- Massages and tones the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Tones the shoulders.
- It acts as a stress reliever
- Reduces fatty deposits in the abdomen
- Remove anxiety, anger and irritability
- Calms the mind
- Stretches the spine and brings flexibility
- Good for constipation and digestive disorder
- Regular practice cure impotency and enhance the sexual power
- Tones the abdominal pelvic organs
- Balance the menstrual cycles
- This asana is recommended especially for women after delivery also.[divider]
Hastapadasana is also known as standing forward bend posture. Standing forward bend posture is very easy yoga pose and also one of the most effective yoga pose. It stretches all the important muscles of the back and this will improve the blood supply to the pelvic region and nervous system and supports in increasing fertility.
Method of Practice:
- Stand erect and keep both the legs touching each other.Take a deep breath and keep both the hands up.
- Now go on exhaling. Bend in the front. Place both the hands on the ground on both the sides of the legs.
- Touch the head on the knees. Do not bend the knees. Hold the breath outside. Keep it for 20-30 seconds. Stand steadily in this bent position.
How to release the stretch
- Maintain position and suspension of breath 6 seconds.
- Inhale and then return to the starting position.
Benefits of standing forward bend pose or Hastapadasana:
- This yoga gives strength to the muscles of your back.
- This yoga is good for nervous system and increases the fertility ratio.
- This yoga is good for hair loss.
- This yoga helps in weight loss and to get slim waist.
- Disorders of the belly and digestive system are corrected. The chest and hands become stronger and you become well balanced, beautiful and good looking.
- Diseases of the feet and fingers are also corrected.
Not for the people who have spinal problems, vertigo, hernia, cardiac problem, hypertension, ulcers, myopia.[divider]
3. Janu Shirasana
Janu shirasana is a spinal twist, as well as a forward fold. It will be very useful during pregnancy as it will strengthen your lower back muscles. When properly executed, this yoga pose is very relaxing and releases tension from the lower back.
Method of practice:
- Sit with the legs outstretched in front of you. Inhale bend your right knee and place the right foot close to the perineum, exhale let the right knee move out to the side.
- The right foot now rests against the inside of the left thigh. The right lower leg rests on (or towards) the floor.
- Flex the left foot, press the top of the thigh down, lengthen the spine on an inbreath and on an outbreath turn the spine a little to face the left leg and than fold forward from the hips.
- Keep your spine long, chest open and shoulders drawn down. Relax your face. Stay in the pose for 1-3 minutes.
- Calms the mind and is therapeutic for mild depression.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Stretches the hips, back of the body and groins.
- Relieves menstrual discomfort, headache, anxiety and fatigue and helps in fertility.
- Relieves insomnia and high blood pressure.
- Stimulates the kidneys and liver.[divider]
One of the best ways to de-stress is through yoga. Yoga is a great form of exercise to do when you are trying to conceive, as it is gentle on the joints and promotes healthy blood flow while stretching and toning the body. The best kind of yoga to do for fertility is a gentler, mindful sort, slower.
While doing yoga pose, feeling the flow of vital energy to the reproductive organs are very beneficial.
Starters need to practice by taking expert advice.